- YOU TRY TO IMPRESS EVERYONE - “Nobody likes a showboat.” Anyone remember someone telling them this? (Probably your grandmother or mother!)
- YOU’RE SMART - People can’t seem to get enough of Will McAvoy’s (Jeff Daniels) speech in HBO’s former series The Newsroom.
- YOU’RE A “KNOW-IT-ALL” - Catch ya off guard a bit? Sorry!
- YOU’RE A GOSSIP - If you’re upset about this one being on the list, you just may be the office gossiper.
- YOU’RE CONTROLLING - Nobody expects nor deserves to be at the beck and call of someone else. Controlling (and manipulating) behavior is abusive, period.
- YOU DON’T LISTEN - The sixth reason on our list – not listening – is something we all do from time-to-time. The human brain is wired for novelty, and listening can be, well … boring.
- YOU DON’T THINK BEFORE SPEAKING - Some people can talk off the cuff better than others. In fact, some people convey their thoughts better this way. For example, extroverts are typically much better at this than introverts.
- YOU TRY TOO HARD - Trying too hard – more specifically, wasting efforts on shallow things – is a behavior that many people either don’t appreciate or understand.