If you've ever found yourself getting some serious side-eye from your waitress, check yourself: Were you completely ignoring Chinese food etiquette?
- Don't put soy sauce on your fried rice.
- Never cross your chopsticks on the table.
- Hold the lid of the teapot while you pour.
- There's a correct way to use your chopsticks on a communal dish.
- Don't stick your chopsticks straight into your rice.
- Lift your cup with two hands when making a toast.
- Never flip a fish.
- Don't tap your chopsticks against your bowl.
- Never "pop" a soup dumpling.