07/03/2018

A List To All Those Who Struggle With Mental Illness

A Happy Place
I always found my place next to the ocean. The long curvy roads, with all the crashing waves. Whether it is a simple walk or a drive. The ability to feel calm is much easier.

Do Something you Love
It sounds very basic. But I tend to fall into studying/being productive. It gives my mind a task to focus on if my energy is up. So by the time everything is done I am capable of relaxing.

Relax
Something valuable I’ve learned is to find a bunch of blankets and cuddle up under them. The weight of the blankets act as a remedy, like a hug would (that’s why weighted blankets are a thing). Putting on your favorite TV show wouldn’t hurt either.

Exercise
I was a three sport athlete my whole life. Being active is a huge tool that helps with anxiety in my case.

Calcium and Magnesium
Calcium and Magnesium have huge rolls in the brain. Calcium helps to aid those who struggle with the many day to day anxiety challenges. Magnesium is a great way to help wind down and sleep. The two work together as pieces of overall mental health and happiness. So I always take vitamins to keep regulated, and drink milk when anxiety is a little higher.

read more