14/04/2019

Anorexic woman says eating a single chocolate saved her life

Annie weighed 29kg at the height of her anorexia. [Photo: SWNS]

A recovering anorexic woman from Derbyshire, East Midlands, says her life was changed after eating a single Lindor chocolate. Annie Windley, 21, weighed just 29 kilograms, or four and a half stone, at her lowest point. She survived just one piece of toast with jam every day for five years.

Hospitalised five times due to her condition, Annie’s battle with anorexia began at the age of 15 when she was at boarding school. She started calorie counting, cutting out carbohydrates, meat and dairy. During this time, she claims she had a bad relationship with her parents.

She told SWNS: “I started to diet slowly and people would say I looked great when I first started so I just kept dieting, my weight was the only thing I had control over.

read more