29/01/2019

I Stopped Eating This 1 Food

And My Acne Cleared Up Instantly

I'll never forget when I was babysitting one day after college and the tiny 1-year-old pointed to a monstrosity of a zit on my chin. I tried to ignore her and distract her with a toy, but she kept pointing. The mother looked at me sympathetically and just said, "Yep, she has a boo-boo."

At that point, it had been well over 10 years since I had experienced bad breakouts. I didn't have terrible acne that covered my face, but my issue was that I always had a few enormous, Rudolf-the-red-nosed-reindeer types of pimples that were deep, painful, and red. There was never a moment when I was zit-free; when one was going away, another few were popping up.

I was so self-conscious because it continued into my 30s. I saw a dermatologist, determined to clear my skin before my wedding day in August 2008, but the harsh topical medications only made my skin red and irritated, and my skin didn't clear up at all. Into my mid to late 30s, my two pregnancies did help a little (thank you, hormones!), but after each baby was born, the acne would return. I was now 40 years old and still breaking out.

read more