07/04/2021

A MasterChef Singapore Audition

We Survived And This is How We Did It

I loved Season One of MasterChef Singapore so much that I wrote a low-key viral series of Facebook reviews of the show. At one point, that saw me getting into virtual fisticuffs with one of the show’s judges, and through it, I became Instagram friends with Sharon Gonzago, one of my favourites from the season. Am I superfan? I don’t know, you tell me, but I’ve been incredibly excited for Season 2, which is slated for February 2021. My friends keep saying I should audition for the show (I’m a pretty good cook), so when 8days.sg got this exclusive to send a writer down to experience the Season 2 audition process, it was a no brainer.

If you’ve ever wondered what the MasterChef Singapore selection process looks like, here’s the scoop.

From the get-go, I’m treated as a contestant. I’m made to fill up an application form that asks me all kinds of questions about my cooking style, my favourite dishes to cook, and my greatest failings in the kitchen (I neglect to mention that I once literally set our kitchen on fire). Fingers crossed, I send it in.