Singaporeans can be tough nuts to crack.
For the flummoxed, we’ve drawn up a list to shed light on some of our eccentricities.
Here are 10 things that secretly perplex foreigners but we just love doing:
- Our Tuition Mania
- Our Love for Mispronunciation
- Our Kiam Siap-ness
- Our National Fruit
- Our Kiasu-ness
- Our Fixation with Instagramming Food
- Avoiding Priority Seats Like the Plague
- Our Kay Poh-ness
- Our Hiring of Domestic Helpers
- Our Unintelligible ‘Rojak’ English
- Eating Everything with Chilli
- Our Penchant for Bargain Hunting
- Our Endless Complaints