22/03/2021

“I Married A Man Who Only Has 5 Years To Live”

Lydia* knew that the man she loved had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, but she agreed to marry him anyway

When I met Joshua* at a fundraising event, I knew right away that I wanted to be with him. Just in those first 20 minutes of talking to him, I could see what a caring, compassionate and thoughtful man he was. He obviously felt the same way about me, too, because he invited me out for coffee the next day.

I couldn’t wait to meet Joshua again. He was attractive, seemed intelligent and had a heart of gold. I could sense a special connection between us.

During our coffee date, we got to know each other a little better. We talked about his work as a school counsellor, my job as a teacher, our families and our hobbies. I was thrilled to have met someone with a similar background to mine and who shared so many things in common with me. We met up twice more after that. After the third date I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

read more