Elevator not operating? A troubling experience for many residents who live in the high-rise buildings of modern day. But what about a half-operating elevator that operates while its doors are not operating properly? Likely to be a scary experience for many.
A video shot by Ben Tng shows an elevator operating while its door is only half closed, exposing the moving lift to passengers and also access to the elevator shaft.
Slow response from Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council on faulty lift door
It is understood from the reader that the HDB block is 114 Edgefield Plains under Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council. You may view the original post here.
- 7.30am – 1st call to hotline to report the fault.
- 9.00am – still nothing done. 2nd report.
- 10.00am – lift under maintenance. somebody came, nor bad.
- 3.20pm – came back home and lift in operation.
- 3.28pm – town council called to say the maintenance team working on it! delayed information for sure.
- 4.00pm – bumped into manager from town council checking the lift. Doesn’t has any clue what happened. show him the video on my phone. he was shocked! embarrassed when I questioned him and walked away.
My Town Council…… judge it yourself……
Bukit Panjang LRT door opens while moving towards Senja station
The door of an LRT carriage unexpectedly flew open while the train was still moving at around 6.45am yesterday (Jan 22).
Dilla Damitra, a 16-year-old student had tweeted a photo of the incident, showing the open door. The pictured has since received nearly 700 retweets.
According to her, the train had been travelling "slowly" from Bukit Panjang to Senja station when a sudden jerk caused it to stop moving abruptly and for the door to open.
Spate of Escalator accidents
Spate of lift accidents
Why is everything breaking down in Singapore?
SG Buildings Crumbling Down Parody
HDB Lift ceiling collapsed upon 10-yr-old girl
Elevator and Train Operate With 'Open Doors'